Monday, May 13, 2013

experience is priceless

   Any opportunity I get to try new stuff in the lamination I'll take on. Wain is a great customer for us @ Barbera Surfboards / Northern Lights, and our newest employee. He brought in an old blank in the 8' something range that was half shaped and abandoned at his home. I took in this bastard and shaped him up real good, then made him my art project. Selfish, . . . sure, but a little selfless too. Wain digs art, and I hate restrictions. All colors done in the lamination process. Yellow tint lightning bolt surrounded by opaque madness.  This twinzer is 5'6" x 20.5" x 2 5/8ths. Enough volume for Wain to out paddle the longboards lingering on the outside,  hydrodynamic enough to rip up the face like a free straight edge shave at the barber school.